The aim of the golf game is to hit the ball into the hole in as few strokes as possible. The game is played on a course with 18 holes, each of which has a different length and layout.
The basic rules of golf:
- The game starts with a tee-box, from where players hit the ball towards the hole.
- A player can take strokes until the ball is in the hole.
- If the ball hits water or other obstacles, the player can either pick it up and take a shot from the same spot or choose another spot to hit.
- A player will receive penalty points for shots taken out of bounds or for infractions of the rules of the game.
Basic golf shots:
- Tee-shot – tee-box shot.
- Fairway shot – A shot that hits the ball on the fairway.
- Approach shot – A shot that hits the ball close to the hole.
- Putt – A shot that hits the ball on the green (grassed area around the hole).
Basic golf terms:
- Par – the number of strokes that is considered optimal for the hole.
- Stroke – the series of strokes a player takes to bring the ball from the tee-box to the hole.
- Score – the number of strokes a player takes to complete all 18 holes.
To start playing golf you will need the following items:
- Golf clothes.
- A backpack or golf bag.
It is recommended that you take golf lessons from an experienced player or coach. This will help you learn proper technique and avoid injuries.
Here are some tips for beginner golfers:
– Start with short holes. This will help you learn your stroke technique and avoid mistakes.
– Don’t get frustrated if you don’t succeed. Golf is a challenging sport that takes time and practice.
– Enjoy the game! Golf is a great way to spend time outdoors.